We recently bought a HP LaserJet P1505 printer and I was eager to try it out in my Ubuntu Machine. When I plugged in, a simple pop-up came in asking for my permission to download the hp plugin for the printer. I hit the yes button and, there you go the printer is ready. But neither of the prints came out. I was confused and ran a google search. After some hacks I got it working.
Follow these steps :
- Remove the currently installed foo2xqx driver from your ubuntu synaptic manager
- Do: wget -O foo2zjs.tar.gz http://foo2zjs.rkkda.com/foo2zjs.tar.gz
- Unpack: tar zxf foo2zjs.tar.gz
- cd foo2zjs
- Compile: run make
- Get extra device dependent driver ./getweb P1505
- Install: sudo make install
- Restart cups: sudo make cups
- Plugin the printer to USB and turn it ON.
- You are now good to go.